Our company data and tax rules must be set up correctly to enable correct invoices. Follow these steps to check this.
- Log in to your Lightspeed Retail account at https://cloud.merchantos.com
- From the menu go to "Settings"> "Configuration of your store"
- Select the location from which you want to make invoices.
(Soon, an article will provide more explanation about billing from multiple locations.)
- Check the following fields for correct data, these fields contain invalid value:Name (This must include company name, eg Company BVBA)
- VAT number
- KvK number (for Dutch companies only)
- Zip or Postal Code
- E-mail address
5. Save this information.
- From the menu, go to "Settings"> "Sales Taxes"
- Check to see if the right VAT categories are linked to the right rates. If something is wrong, you can always ask for help at Lightspeed.
Button for creating an invoice and credit note during a sale
In order to generate an invoice automatically during a sale, we will create a button in our sales interface. You can easily do this as follows:
- Click the "Settings" button in the left menu. Then click on "Custom Menus" under the "Advanced Configuration" tab.
- We will now add a button to the sales tab, so you click on the "Register: Sale Tab" link
- Under the heading "Add new button", enter the title of your new button. In the Title field you can enter "Invoice".
- Then we select "Type" "Open Webpage"
- In Color, we select the color "Yellow"
- So, we've created our first button after we clicked the "+ Add button to menu" button.
- We're not done yet, we need to adjust the button a little. At the bottom of the "Buttons" tab, you will see that the new button appears in yellow. Click the pencil icon on the left to adjust the button.
- Under the "Details" tab, you will find the "URL" field in this link, adding the following link:
- You select the option "Open in new tab"
Perfect. Your Lightspeed Retail account is now configured correctly. You can now connect Lightspeed Retail to MDware.