Your company data and tax rules must be set up correctly to enable correct invoices. Follow these steps to check this.
- Log in to your Lightspeed Retail account at https://cloud.merchantos.com
- Go to "Settings"> "Configuration of your store"
- Select the location from which you want to make invoices.
- Check the following fields for correct data:
- Name (This must include company name, eg Company BVBA)
- VAT number
- KvK number (for Dutch companies only)
- Zip or Postal Code
- E-mail address
5. Save this information.
- Go to "Settings"> "Sales Taxes"
- Check to see if the VAT categories are linked to the right rates. If something is wrong, you can always ask Lightspeed for help.
Button for creating an invoice and credit note during a sale
In order to generate an invoice automatically during a sale, we will create a button in our sales interface. Follow the steps below to do this:
- Go to "Settings". Then click on "Custom Menus" under the "Advanced Configuration" tab.
- Click on the "Register: Sale Tab" link
- Under the heading "Add new button", enter the title of your new button. In the Title field you can enter "Invoice".
- Select "Open Webpage" in the "Type" drop down menu.
- Select the color "Yellow".
- We've created our first button after clicking the "+ Add button to menu" button.
- We're not done yet, we need to adjust the button. At the bottom of the "Buttons" tab, you will see the new button appears in yellow. Click the pencil icon on the left to adjust the button.
- Add the following link in the "URL" field:
- Select the option "Open in new tab".
Your Lightspeed Retail account is now configured correctly. Now you are able to connect Lightspeed Retail to MDware.