After linking our Lightspeed account, some last adjustments will need to be done.
- From the dashboard, click on the "Settings" button which is located at the right of the menu.
- Here we will look at the"Billing settings"
General billing settings
- Adjust your billing period (the time the customer has to meet the invoice). This will apply to outstanding invoices. You can choose to either make a paid or an outstanding invoice.
- Save any changes with "Save"
- The other options are not applicable at this time. An explanation about billing from multiple locations / partnerships will be explained in an additional article.
Connect payment methods
Caution: do this only once!
- Go to the "Connect Payment Methods" tab.
- Click "Set Payment Methods Automatically".
- Confirm the warning with Yes / Ok.
- There are now 3 fully automated payment methods created in Lightspeed Retail.
- #F Open - Transfer
- #F Paid - Card / Bank Transfer
- #F Paid - Cash
When we make a sale that must be invoiced, we will use these billing methods. We'll use Open for an outstanding invoice, and Paid for paid invoice.
Format and additional billing information
- Go to the "Format and Additional Billing Info" tab
- Here we can add the following fields:
- RPR -> Legal Register. Required if you own a Belgian company.
- Invoice terms Title & Invoice terms text -> Enter information about payment terms and conditions. In the text field, you can use HTML.
- Payment info Title & Payment info text "-> Enter information about bank account and payment instructions. The text field can use your HTML.
3. Save changes with "Save"
Congratulations, everything is set. Now the fun part begins.